Saturday, June 8, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Dip

I have made this recipe once. It was soooo good! It is great for pot luck parties or for game day! So easy to make. I have to admit that this recipe is not mine, I got it off the QVC page believe it or not. Just know that this dip IS highly addictive and will make a great meal. I personally used the Chickn in a Biscut crackers to eat this, my Army Boy used tortilla chips, but  a word of advice there, if using tortilla chips, use the thicker ones because the thin ones will just break off because this dip is hearty. It can also be served hot or cold. The whole recipe makes A LOT so if  it is just you and a friend or two, I would cut it in half.

Ingredients:

2 store bought rotisserie chickens, skinned and finely shredded

3 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese softened

3/4 cup ranch dressing

3/4 cup blue cheese dressing

1 cup buffalo wing sauce

3 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

Any of your favorites for snacking, chips, pretzels, crackers, raw veggies for dipping

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Beat the cream cheese, ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, and hot sauce until creamy and fully combined. Fold in the shredded chicken and 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese.

Spread the mixture into the 3.5 quart dish and bake for 25 minutes

Remove the dip from the oven and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake for another 20 minutes, or until it is hot and bubbly.

Allow the dip to cool for 10 minutes, then serve with your snack foods.

Tawnya’s Tips:

Since all ovens are different, keep an eye on the dip while it is in the oven, if it is looking done before the recipe times, take it out and check it. Also, I used my stand mixer to combine this together, since I don’t have a hand held mixer. DO let it sit for 10 minutes, I know it is hard!! I also mixed it up a little bit before serving to avoid that impenetrable cheese top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya got cookin?