Friday, May 17, 2013

Bertolli Spaghetti & Meatballs (Original Post 5/26/11)

I have tried and tried to make meatballs and for some reason I can not do it. They either come out all messed up or they fall apart totally. I have not made this recipe yet, so I am hoping someone will make this and tell me how it works.

Ingredients:

1 pound of lean ground beef

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

1/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs

1/4 cup water

1 egg

1 tsp. finely chopped garlic

1/4 tsp. salt

1 jar Bertolli Tomato and Basil sauce

8 ounces of spaghetti, cooked and drained

Directions:

Combine ground beef, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, water, egg, garlic, and salt in medium bowl; shape into 12 meatballs.

Bring sauce to a boil over medium-high heat in 3-quart saucepan. Gently stir in uncooked meatballs.

Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until meatballs are done. Serve over hot spaghetti and sprinkle, if desired with parmesan cheese.

Bertolli says cost of this recipe is $8.39

Cost per serving: $2.10

I am hoping that this recipe is my final try for the meatballs. So make it and tell me how it comes out

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya got cookin?