Saturday, May 18, 2013

Chicken Romano (Original Post 8/26/07)

Ingredients:
3 TBS salt- free seasoned dried bread crumbs
3 TBS grated Pecorino Romano Cheese ( I substituted parmesan cheese and it was good)
4 thin-sliced boneless chicken cutlets (I used breasts and pounded thin)
1 TBS olive oil, divided
1 (141/2 oz) can dices tomatoes with Italian herbs, liquid reserved
3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
2 TBS pitted Kalamata olives
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
3 TBS coarsely chopped basil leaves ( I used dried, as in seasoning)
Directions:
Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in shallow dish or pie plate. Dredge chicken pieces in crumb mixture to coat on both sides. Heat 1 1/2 TBS oil in 12 inch non stick skillet over medium heat. Add half of chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, 2-3 minutes each side. Transfer to plate;cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat. Add drained tomatoes,garlic,olives,vinegar,red pepper flakes, and 1/3 of tomatoe liquid. Cook 2 minutes stirring occasionally until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and discard garlic. Stir in basil. Spoon sauce over cutlets and serve.
I actually think this may be good with a mozzarella cheese on  top as well. I think that I am going to try that the next time I make this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya got cookin?