Friday, May 31, 2013

Skillet Chicken and Potato Dinner

I have been away for a while. Hubby came home from training with the National Guard and life got busy. Not to mention that I lost my camera battery charger. I did end up finding it and now I am back to taking pictures and posting. I made this last night for dinner and it was good! It is pretty healthy too because it only uses two tablespoons of butter in the whole recipe. I actually ended up using four though. I have a picture of the finished dish but not the steps.

Ingredients:

2 TBS butter or margarine

1 tsp finely chopped garlic

6 new potatoes, quartered

1 md onion, cut into 6 wedges

3 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved

10 ounce package of frozen whole green beans

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1/4 c chopped fresh parsley

Directions:

Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add potatoes, onion, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 12-14 minutes or until potatoes are browned. Remove from skillet, keep warm.

Place chicken in same skillet. Cook over medium-high  heat, turning once, 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet. Keep warm.

Place potato mixture and green beans in same skillet. Cover; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 6-9 minutes or until beans are crisply tender. Return chicken to skillet. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally 1-3 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper if desired, sprinkle with parsley if desired.

I got this recipe from this website . This is what it looks like finished, although I did not use the onions or the parsley.

IMG_0185

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya got cookin?