Saturday, May 18, 2013

Spaghetti Sauce (Original Post 10/8/08)

I always make my own pasta sauce now. There are a few reasons for doing so, but the biggest one for me is that I am allergic to onion. So, if I make my own I know that there is not any onion in there. It is relatively simple and does not take all day. I will tell you how I make mine if you want to try it, great! You can basically add anything that you want to it.... If you shop at Wal-Mart, it is pretty cheap to make too..
Ingredients:
1 ( 28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 TBS minced garlic
Salt
Pepper
Oregano
Italian seasoning
Olive oil
Directions:
Add olive oil to pan. ( I usually do not measure anything, so I use 2 turns around the pan with the bottle). Add garlic and sauté for a minute or so. Add tomatoes. Add seasonings to taste. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Add more seasonings if needed.
Now you actually have to taste this while it is cooking.... Ideally, you should taste everything that you make so that you know the seasonings are right.... If you want to add onion, be sure to sauté it with the garlic...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya got cookin?