Friday, May 17, 2013

Chicken with Peas , Parmesan & Prosciutto (Original Post 5/25/11)

This is a recipe I got from Bertolli recipe club. I have not made this yet, but hoping that someone will and let me know what it is like. I love Italian food and Bertolli is one of the few jar sauces that I actually like.

Ingredients:

1- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into large chunks.

1TBSP olive oil

1/4 cup chopped onion

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

1 jar Bertolli Vodka Sauce made with fresh cream

2 ounces prosciutto, chopped

1/2 cup frozen green peas, partially thawed

1/4 grated parmesan cheese

Parmesan cheese shavings (optional)

Directions:

Season chicken if desired, with salt and ground black pepper

Heat olive oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onions stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook stirring frequently about 30 seconds. Add chicken and cook turning occasionally, about 6 minutes or until browned. Stir in sauce and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in prosciutto, peas, and grated parmesan cheese. Simmer 1 minute or until peas are heated through and chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve if desired over hot cooked pasta and garnish with Parmesan cheese shavings.

According to Bertolli, the cost per recipe is $11.60

Cost per serving of this recipe is $2.90

When I make this I will omit the onions, but I left them in the recipe because I know others like onions. If you make this, let me know how it turns out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya got cookin?